We are just getting started...
Having now created a website to communicate externally, we have embarked on a number of next steps:
- Sharing our vision – we are still in start-up mode, and our Partners have helped us to get off the ground... but we have a vision for the function of the Cool Farm Institute in the future, and we still need to share that with all stakeholders. Visit the Join Us page to find out more about becoming a Member or Partner of the Cool Farm Institute.
- Institute Governance – the Cool Farm Institute is a not-for-profit initiative, currently led by a group of Founding Partners. As the organisation matures the governance will be taken over by a board of the Institute members' representatives.
- Software development – the CFT has served a fantastic purpose in its pilots, but it needs to scale up and serve the needs of more growers and their supply chains.
- Gathering your feedback – we will create a community that gathers requests from users and provides responses. We will create an efficient feedback mechanism to capture and track requests made to us (for now, by all means Contact us).
- Support services – the Cool Farm Institute isn't about a calculator. We want to provide guidance that helps stakeholders to understand greenhouse gas emissions that in turn leads to reductions. That might be events, simple tools, documents, advice lines...
So, please bear with us, there will be lots more to come in developing a collaborative, focused community that is dedicated to improving the carbon efficiency of the agricultural products that feed our world.
To join the Cool Farm Institute, Contact us.